Playing his 442nd ODI match, Sachin Tendulkar becomes the first batsman to score 200 runs in one day international Cricket. This was the 2962nd ODI match in Cricket history, yet no one scored double hundred before this. The previous highest record was 194 runs shared by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry.
It took 147 balls to reach the milestone of 200 runs. His previous best was unbeaten 183 against New Zealand in 1999. This was flawless hitting by him including 25 boundaries and 3 sixers and it helps India reach massive total of 401/3 in 50 overs.
He also hold record of total career runs for both test and one day cricket. He scored 17598 runs in 442 ODIs with an average of 45.12 and made 13447 runs in his test career in 166 matches with an average of 55.56.
Top 5 ODI Scrores by Sachin Tendulkar
- 200* in 147 Balls v South Africa at Gwalior 24 Feb 2010
- 186* in 150 Balls v New Zealand at Hyderabad 8 Nov 1999
- 175 in 141 Balls v Australia at Hyderabad 5 Nov 2009
- 163* in 133 Balls v New Zealand at Christchurch 8 Mar 2009
- 152 in 151 Balls v Namibia at Pietermaritzburg 23 Feb 2003
Best Individual ODI Scores
- 200* By Sachin Tendulkar v South Africa in 2010
- 194* By Charles Coventry v Bangladesh in 2009
- 194 By Saeed Anwar v India in 1997
- 189* By Viv Richards v England in 1984
- 189 By Sanath Jayasuriya v India in 2000